As you participate, you may periodically be asked to recognize your acceptance of these RULES and the Terms by clicking "accept" at various pages on this website, but by continuing any use of this website you expressly consent to all of these RULES and the Terms. The Rules governing this competition are stated here as an extension of theTerms for use of this website. The full Terms are available for your review by accessing them at the foot of various pages on this website. The RULES constitute "Competition Terms and Conditions" under Clause 2.3 of the Terms. Capitalized words used but not defined in the RULES have meanings given to them in the Terms.
1. Subject to the limitations set out herein and in the Terms, any individual representing an organization, business entity (such as a corporation, partnership, limited liability company, nonprofit agency, etc.), government or public agency may participate (“You”). Employees of the Arizona Community Foundation, as the Competition Host, RAMPIT, and any of their subsidiaries and/or affiliates of those entities and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees from those entities, are not eligible. You must complete registration to participate. Individuals representing organizations, business entities, government or public agencies must be 18 years of age or older to participate. You can neither reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
2. Your Entry should meet the application requirements stipulated on this website. You are required to register in advance of any deadlines for the submission of an Entry, and You must comply with all other deadlines and other information posted on this website. Your Entry may not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, or sexually explicit content; any content that violates privacy or other third-party rights or any otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content may be grounds for termination. Further, Your Entry may not involve work to be conducted, or monies to be expended, in countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including United States or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including export of technology) with the United States or its citizens.
3. The Content created or provided by You must be your own. You represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work created solely by You, that You or Your represented organization, business entity, government or public agency own all Intellectual Property in and to the Entry, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Entry, except as expressly identified by You to us in writing.
4. You may participate by registering, and You may not register more than one true and uniform identity; multiple registrations for any participant using multiple identities are not allowed. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entry made by a participant violating this limitation, regardless of whether all of the respective parties had knowledge of such violation.
5. The application requirements for your Entry are clearly described on this website. Your Entry will be reviewed initially by five Judges (Evaluation Panel members), who will be randomly assigned to score your Entry using the scoring rubric and judging criteria that are also described on this website. In cases where an Evaluation Panel member indicates any potential conflict of interest, the Entry may be assigned to another Evaluation Panel member. Those Evaluation Panel members will be responsible for scoring and providing feedback to your Entry. All Judges are permitted to communicate with Participants solely for the purposes of carrying out due diligence for evaluating your Entry and assigning values during any review process.
6. Once the rank order of Entries has been calculated by those scores, the top Competitors will be presented before a separate group of Judges (Selection Committee). Those Selection Committee members will meet to review and discuss the top Entries and will determine a Winner using an internal process that may or may not involve the Trait Scoring Rubric and normalization routines described on this website. At least one of the Evaluation Panel members assigned to score the total pool of Competitors will be independent of the Arizona Community Foundation, and at least one member of the Selection Committee will be independent of the Arizona Community Foundation.
7. By submitting an application, you agree to the Arizona Community Foundation’s and RAMPIT’s ability to publicize any portion of your submission (text, graphics, photos, videos, etc.) in an effort to market the competition, the entries, and ultimately the winners, and to promote Arizona Community Foundation. This includes but is not limited to posting elements of your submission on social media channels, sharing them with traditional and social media outlets for potential publication, posting to the Arizona Community Foundation or other related websites, etc. The license to your submission granted herein is perpetual and royalty-free.
8. Should You be selected as the Winner, a $250,000 grant (subject to terms specified in a separate grant agreement with the Arizona Community Foundation) may be awarded to You, so long as your eligibility and compliance with these Rules are confirmed by the Arizona Community Foundation. The winning team may also receive up to $50,000 in technical assistance from the WaterNow Alliance, an operating division of T4CI, also known as the Trust for Conservation Innovation, to support and accelerate the development and implementation of their winning solution. It may be determined other finalists who achieve funding may be eligible for technical assistance resources from the WaterNow Alliance after the competition ends. You may not submit any petitions for a division of the Prize, beyond those terms which will be included in the grant agreement. If the Prize is awarded to a team of participants, then the team will designate a team leader, and that organization, business entity, government or public agency will be responsible for negotiating the terms of the Grant Agreement with the Arizona Community Foundation. If the team consists of a wide variety of organization, business, government or public agency types, then the team must be represented by those with the legal authority to negotiate on behalf of the team to execute a grant agreement with the Arizona Community Foundation. The Winner will be announced on this website and on the Arizona Community Foundation’s website.
9. While RAMPIT, LLC (“RAMPIT”) is providing an online platform for your participation, RAMPIT is not responsible for the payment of any Prize. Payment of a Prize is the sole responsibility of the Arizona Community Foundation, and under the Terms each participant has agreed to look solely to the Arizona Community Foundation for the payment of any Prize. Please note that the Winner of a Prize may be subject to certain taxes. Under the Terms, any Winner of a Prize will be solely responsible for paying such taxes. Neither the Arizona Community Foundation, as the Competition Host, nor RAMPIT and/or its affiliates will accept responsibility for paying such taxes.
10. By submitting your Entry, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Arizona Community Foundation and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any Loss arising out of your participation in the Water Innovation Challenge and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any Prize. The Arizona Community Foundation assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. The Arizona Community Foundation is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Competition.
11. THIS COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Entrants agree that this Competition shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the United States of America. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedures in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Competition are hereby excluded and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Certain restrictions may apply.
12. If for any reason the Competition is prohibited from running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of RAMPIT and/or the Arizona Community Foundation that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Competition, the Arizona Community Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any Users who may tamper with the process, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition.
13. The Arizona Community Foundation, as the Competition Host, reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates these RULES, the Terms and any standards of behavior expressed or implied in them. We look forward to receiving your most thoughtful and creative Entry.
You may contact us with any questions or comments about these RULES.
Please enter “Water Innovation Challenge” in the subject line of your email.
You may reach us directly at: email@example.com
The Competition Host is the Arizona Community Foundation, with a place of business at:
2201 East Camelback Road, Suite 405B, Phoenix, Arizona 85016.